Here it is! I’m diving into blogging somewhat impulsively, I’ll admit, but why not? I’ve been creating a number of projects lately and have been a long-time admirer of many different blogs, so this seems like a natural step.
The types of projects you can expect to see here are anything and everything DIY. We recently got married and moved into a newly built home, and the opportunities for DIY projects have been endless. It seemed that everything I wanted to do was over-the-top expensive, so I’ve been working out ways to get the look I want without spending tons of money in the process.
I’ll keep this first post short and list a few of the projects I’m in the middle of and a few I’ve completed recently that I’d like to share.
– entryway mud room
– curtain rods for every room for $50 total
– tile fireplace surround
– wooden fireplace mantel
– floating shelf & styling using items around the house
– quick DIY poster/picture frames
– large metal-look letters for under $10
Up next on the the short list, I have:
– DIY safety pin wall hanging
– how to cut down and re-frame a mirror
– stove surround shelf from scrap
– how to make a miter saw jig for any angle
– printing large pictures inexpensively
It will take me some time to get this up and running, but I’m looking forward to sharing what I’ve been up to.